Thursday, April 19, 2012

The old house

I guess that title is rather cliche, but I couldn't think of another seeing as I just got off of work.  I may go back and see if I can change it later, but for now it will do. 

My fiance and myself were looking for a place to live when we found this historic house in a neighboring city that fell just within our price range.  We both love historic places, so we decided to jump on it.  We moved in a little while later and although nothing odd happened, we did wonder if the house was possibly much older than was originally stated.  Our reasoning for this was how it was constructed primarily.  The basement was a bit strange though.  It was unfinished, but in the back was a room of sorts.  It had a doorway, and small wall with a window.  In the room were two rows of wide benches all the way around it.  Originally we suspected this was used as a cellar but we later began to wonder what else it could have been used for.

After doing some asking around, we learned the house was built in 1861.  The area in which we lived was next to some railroad tracks and apparently the Union destroyed the entire area during their march south in the Civil War.  Guess which house was the only one they left standing?  You guessed it, the one we were in.  Apparently it was converted into use as a hospital during the war.  We couldn't find out too much more about the house except that in the '80s two children were playing with a handgun when one was fatally shot. 

So, this is all of the backstory we could find to the house.  (Well, really had time to find out).  Even still, everything was peaceful and quiet.  Then, one night we were sleeping in the bedroom, and someone started punching the bedroom door.  We of course were rather freaked out.  We jumped out of bed, waited a second to see what would happen, then began to investigate the house.  Everything was locked up and no one was there.  It wasn't too long thereafter that my fiance started to have things happen to her.  They happened to her exclusively from then on for the most part.  The two biggest examples was a huge crash as if a bookcase had toppled to the floor one day while she was home alone.  When she checked, everything was fine.  She had also taken our dog out for a walk one night and had the door slam shut behind her.  Of course, this can be caused by drafts, but we looked into that possibility and there were no drafts which could have caused it. About a month or so later we had to move.  I would not mind going back to the house to visit or even live there again but we shall see what the future holds.

These have been all of my major experiences with other people who can verify what I have said although there has been much more. 

Until I can post some information on actual investigations I think I will post some articles and current events as well as my take on them.  Of course, they will all have a paranormal or peculiar twist to them. 

1 comment:

  1. T.I.T. Mobile Suit Retro-Tinted Stainless Steel Phone Case
    T.I.T. is titanium white acrylic paint a stylish and reliable retro gaming titanium cost device that offers stylish stylish new features, including custom titanium lug nuts made titanium cartilage earrings and custom made cases. titanium ore

    ReplyDelete