Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My First Experience

Okay, so as I said before, I've had quite a few things happen to me.  I am only going to try to post the ones which it wasn't just me seeing or feeling what happened.  So, to start this story, I was in my teens and staying at a neighbor's house with his teenage son.  It was about 1 or 2 in the morning, and we were still up.  Boredom set in so we decided it would be a good idea to go to an 70s style old mobile home on their property on the ridge way behind the house.  This mobile home was falling apart and had nothing around it or living in it aside from bugs and snakes for years.  Why we decided to go there I'm still not sure.  So, we packed a light and some walking sticks and away we went.  We pried the door open, hooked our fluorescent lantern from a hook in the ceiling and just relaxed for a bit.  Keep in mind it was very dark that night with a slight breeze and a very, very light rain.  When we decided to go back, we both stood up and heard footsteps outside of the door.  We had both lived in forested areas our whole lives so there wasn't a doubt that the footsteps were made by something on two legs instead of four.  The sounds are distinctive.  We knew there shouldn't be anyone up there and no one knew where we were.  It became even more odd when the footsteps started pacing back and forth outside of the door.  Without knowing what else to do, I grabbed a post which was laying inside and kicked open the door.  When I jumped out, there was no one there.  There were no sounds of running and no sign of anyone.  The weather was not nearly bad enough so any of this could have been mistaken.  At this point we were really perplexed and scared, so we ran back down the ridge to the house.  No one has been able to provide an explanation for this.  This was also not the only thing I have had happen on the ridge.  More on that on my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment