Monday, April 16, 2012

A brief explanation

When I decided to start this blog, I realized that instead of jumping right in I would need at least some explanation.  Right now it's fairly late, and I've had a busy day so my brain isn't exactly working at full speed but I'll try to make things coherent.  The purpose of this blog is to detail my experiences documenting and investigating paranormal activity.  I use this term fairly loosely in that I also use it to include such things as cryptozoology.  In other words, if it's unexplainable by normal means, I will use the term paranormal.  Now, let me clarify my own stance on this.  I'm not one of the crazies the media seems to love to portray when it comes to the paranormal.  I hold a Masters degree and have a full time job as well as a loving family.  My opinions oftentimes may not fall into the normal range of most people, but that is as crazy as it gets with me.  So, why my interest?  Part of it is that it simply is.  I have always been fascinated by such things.  In today's society, information on anything is readily available so any question a person may have, can be answered.  I like to think, I like to analyze, I enjoy these things immensely.  So, to be able to do that with a subject in which no one really knows what is going on is amazing to me. 

I do believe in the paranormal, but I am also a skeptic.  I do not believe most stories I hear.  I believe people may have misinterpreted something that happened as being something paranormal when it is not.  Everything must be taken in terms of perspective.  What one person sees and understands will not be the same thing as someone else will.  So, I do believe, but I may or may not believe in each individual instance immediately.  I have had my own experiences which I simply have no explanation for, and those I will detail in my next post.  Those contribute to my belief as well.  I also feel that it is crazy to believe we understand everything about our world.  New things are discovered every day.  So, to say that everyone who has ever experienced the paranormal is wrong, in other words, a 100% statistic, is the most foolish statement in the world to me.  Excluding scientific experiments and mathematics, a 100% probability in instances such as anything paranormal is absolutely ridiculous. 

So, introduction out of the way I think.  I will try not to digress from the topic, although I may occasionally.  My main purpose here is to tell about my experiences and investigations as well as my own views on paranormal cases I come across.  I hope everyone reading this finds the blog as interesting as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment